Friday, March 5, 2010

I love Gumdrops!

Why gumdrops? there a few explanations for this name, but there are two main reasons for this. The first is that I call Max and Kaitlyn My Gumdrops. Their big round faces (and bellies) along with the fun colors they wear cause them to look just like gumdrops!

The second reason is that gumdrops are like the blessings in my family's life. Small and sweet... Sometimes we enjoy them one at a time, savoring the one small moment of sweetness in our day. At other times it's a whole bagful coming our way and are completely overtaken with goodness that we just want to share it with everyone.

We all have the good, the bad, and well, the ugly in our lives. How refreshing is it to be able to find the sugar coated, colorful, flavorful, sweet morsels of confection that are hiding all around us. It's almost like a treasure hunt and the rewards are better than gold.

So, my life is a Gumdrop Haven full of love, my family, with those that give me a hand when I'm struggling, blessings from the Lord, and the kindness of those around me.

So there you have it... I finally jumped on the blog band wagon. To all those friends out there who continued to say, "you need to start a blog!". I reply with thanks for the peer pressure. This is going to be fun!

10 comments:

  1. Love the page! I love your little gumdrops. Christian has he and Max on his screen on his cell phone. It is a beautiful picture, full of light. They are pointing to something. It is really amazing. Just like you!

    Love you, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am glad to be able to keep up with your family better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! It'a way cute!! and by the way I LOVE the Name!! can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative and cute Victoria. It will be a good way to keep a journal and I hear you can make your blog a book. cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited for your blog....I've never seen a picture of your little girl before! Your kids look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im so glad you started a blog, now I dont have to call you guys on the phone anymore:) Just remember to post often with lots of pictures cause I really enjoy reading about and seeing you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. now that you have a blog, what will I peer pressure you about? keep the posts coming, OK? guess that's what I'll be bugging you about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Welcome to blogging, hard to keep up but way fun to read. I love your gumdrop cheek kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a fan! I've already added you to my blog list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are a blogger! I think I have your email, I need it to send you an invite to my blog. (that is if you want it i guess!) Keep it up! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete





Followers